Monday, April 5, 2010

I really don't know why but every time I'm supposed to be paying attention to something or someone, I can't. And whenever I try to spare my brain from receiving certain unwanted information from the receptors in my ears, FAIL.

Times when I can't seem to pay attention when I'm supposed to be paying attention:
  • When given directions (this one especially!!)
  • Stats class
  • When someone replies to my question of "How was your day?" or "how did that event go?"
  • When given instructions
  • When being told to remind someone about something really important.
Times when I really don't want to listen but end up doing the opposite:
  • When my father talks about the atrocities of wars
  • When my father and brothers go into gory details on crimes of psychopaths
  • Stories with tragic endings
  • Josh ranting about Linkin Park's great achievements
  • When Luke tells lame jokes. And by lame I mean roll-my-eyes-too-hard-that-they-can't-stop-rolling-and-are-forced-to-keep-rolling-like-merry-go-rounds lame (ok that was lame too)
And the last point brings me to an excerpt of my family's dinner conversation that took place about half an hour ago:

Luke: Wanna hear a hilarious joke?
Me: Nooo
Luke: Yes you do!
Me: No I don't
Luke: Knock knock
Me: Luuuuuuuuuke. Not a knock knock joke
Luke: Knock knock
Josh&Zac: Who's there?
Luke: Interrupting cow
Zac: Interrupting cow wh-
Luke: MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Everyone: Hahahaha!

Actually, I'm glad I heard that joke. I found it very funny for some reason. Josh said likes it cos he likes cows.

No comments:

Post a Comment