Monday, April 12, 2010

I have made several peculiar observations which I will now share with you:
  • Mosquitoes seem to go after my knees. Usually my left knee.
  • If one car travels in a particular direction and another travels in the opposite, well then they aren't traveling in the same direction and never will be able to unless one reverses. This bothered me slightly.
  • Salt is extremely salty.
  • Trees with thick trunks, straight branches and no leaves seem like military trees.
  • A lizard's legs are at the sides of its body and not under. This, coupled with the position of their eyes, gives them the appearance of being perpetually startled. I found this highly amusing.
  • Some birds have the same sort of startled look that the lizards have. Especially myna birds.
Ever since James' comment about colouring a cicak dark green, I have been thinking a bit too much about lizards. I had previously developed an obsession with cactus. Cacti. Cactuses. Hmm don't know the plural of that. Arctic cactus(es) in particular.

Anyway, I have come up with a genius idea to get my brother to paint me a picture of a cactus and a cicak together! In the desert. The cicak will have its arm around the cactus and will be wearing a sheriff badge and a cowboy hat and the cactus will be wearing a bandana around its neck. The former will be the sheriff of the town and the latter will be the deputy!
(Inspiration: was listening to Eric Clapton's version of "I Shot the Sheriff" playing in my head)

It will look something like this:


Except the painting will be 100x better.



No comments:

Post a Comment