Sunday, January 10, 2010

I'm sure you all have heard about the very recent attacks on a few of the churches here in Malaysia. Well on the way to church today my mother told me that one of the churches that got pretty badly damaged has received half a million ringgit in compensation. PTL! (Praise the Lord)

Later on, during our Sunday service, Pastor Roy also mentioned this, but where my mum said half a million ringgit, Pastor said 500,000 instead. When he said that, I turned to my mother who was sitting next to me and said,

Me: I thought you said half a million??
Mother: Yes, and 500,000 is...?
Me: It's... Oh.

Then I gave my mother a big grin :D

It took me a while to figure out that 500,000 is the same as half a million. For a second I thought it was less because of the 'thousand' in 500,000 and the 'million' in half a million.
Haha


No comments:

Post a Comment