Monday, September 21, 2009

I have to confess. When I ask someone a question, I sometimes forget to listen to the reply! (Ok, many of you, especially my family, would have already figured this out, but i just feel a need to admit this, not to mention apologize!)
This has happened on numerous occasions, mind you.
Some instances:

1. Yesterday, i asked Aunty Cyn if she had finished with the butter, and she said 'not yet, i haven't buttered the other one yet', but i happily put it back in the fridge and without hearing the reply and then Aunty said 'hey' and laughed and had to repeat herself again which is why i know what she said the first time.

2. If my mom or grandma ask me to get something for them which is in another room, i ask them where it is and forget to listen to their reply, therefore have no idea where to look for the thing.

3. I ask my brothers how their day was and what they did but forget to listen to what they are saying due to zoning out and hence have no idea how their day went!

There are many, many, many more instances.


No comments:

Post a Comment